After you decide on a solution to get rid of moss from your roof, it’s time to start. Follow these step-by-step instructions for cleaning roof moss and other debris that has accumulated on top of your home! Additionally, you can also hire the best Sugarland pressure washer if you don’t have the time to clean your roof by yourself.
You can learn how to remove moss from the roof with the following instructions. Here’s what you will need:
– Glasses or safety glasses
– Rubber gloves
– Safety strap
– Work clothes, hats to protect your hair, and
– anti-slip footwear
– Garden hose is equipped with a spray nozzle
– Choice of mosquito repellent
– Spray garden-style pumps or large spray bottles
– Long-handled soft bristle brush
– Power washer (optional)
1. Whatever method you choose, you will get dirty, so dress appropriately! Wear old clothes, safety glasses, rubber gloves, hats, and anti-slip shoes. Have a safety rope or bridle in place when you go to the top of the roof.
2. Cover the closest plants with plastic sheeting. Set the ladder safely in its place, take the hose, and start climbing.
3. Spray all parts of the roof covered with moss with water. Always work from the top of the roof to the bottom to make sure water flows from the roof so that water or tools will not lift and destroy shingles and tiles.
4. Before applying a mosquito repellent, use a scrubbing brush or soft bristle brush to scrape or gently remove the moss from the roof shingle or tile. Work one small section at a time, which allows you to better control brushes and scrubbing movements. Move the brush down to protect the tile from damage.
5. Still, need a chemical solution? Use a pump sprayer or large spray bottle to spread the mosquito repellent. Wet the moss and leave it in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Using homemade mosquito repellent? Leave for 20 minutes.
6. Take the hose, go up the stairs, and rinse the moss removal solution and the dead moss. Discard the remaining moss with a brush, and rinse the roof again.
7. Or, you can use an electric washer to clean the moss, but there are a few caveats to consider.